Some things I've learned....

(1) An Engineer can do with 10 cent what a fool can do with a Euro.

(2) "Puff" - unimportant; insignificant; unworthy of study by engineering students; waste of time

(3) It's better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you're stupid than to open it and prove them right!

(4) Blockwork people and concrete people can never work on the same site... Apparently they don't like each other....

(5) It's official; I'm fantastic!

Monday 28 January 2008

College Semester 2

Holidays are over and as of today I'm officially a week back in college. So what's new? Well nothing much other than the fact I have 6 new modules really:

Maths for Engineers V
Better known as STATISTICS :( , I was never a fan of statistics and probability for the Leaving Cert, but the lecturer says it's easy enough so we'll have to see.

Mechanics of Solids I
After the awful Mechanics of Fluids last semester I wasn't exactly looking forward to this, but once the course outline had been delivered I saw to my delight that most of the course I had covered previously with my first year module "Theory and Design of Structures", WOOP!

Design and Communications for Structural Engineers
When I first read the course overview I was quite excited, a really hands on course, but after the Thursday lecture for the "communications" part that excitement has been crippled, much like the way the Enterprise was crippled in Star Trek II after Khan....I'll stop there. Yeah so aswell as our studio work we'll have a huge mother f'n written project to do!!!

Theory and Design of Structures II
I'm HOPING that this will be as good as last year, but the first week of lectures has questioned both the content and the speed which we'll be going. It may well go slower than French for the Leaving Cert.....

Computer Applications for Civil Engineering
Easy peasy lemon squeezy - for now anyway. When we move on to MATLAB I expect it to get more difficult, but for now I'm enjoying it, plus we've the added bonus of Dr Yaqian Zhao who was brilliant in first year!

Surveying
Definitely looking forward to this, interesting, hands-on AND field trips. Have you seen those saps around the city with the metre and tripod, yep? That's what we're going to be doing!!!!

So other than that what else is new? Monday's is footie night up in ASTRO PARK, so if you'd like to come along let me know. LOST and PRISON BREAK are BACK!!!! Mondays and Tuesdays - serious conflict on Mondays with football. I'm 3 weeks into the recruits course in the John's, I'll have them become the best damn recruits EVER! Especially after a certain someone did the course on his own two years ago.....

GRINDS = MONEY!

I currently have Goal of the Month in our little thing on Mondays with an average scoring rate of 7 per game too!

Death or Glory awaits...

The Damo

2 comments:

Ann Marie said...

You know Lost is on Sky One on Sunday nights as well. Or there are other means like where I just found last nights episode :)

Ann Marie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.