Some things I've learned....

(1) An Engineer can do with 10 cent what a fool can do with a Euro.

(2) "Puff" - unimportant; insignificant; unworthy of study by engineering students; waste of time

(3) It's better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you're stupid than to open it and prove them right!

(4) Blockwork people and concrete people can never work on the same site... Apparently they don't like each other....

(5) It's official; I'm fantastic!

Tuesday 1 January 2008

Avatar Project Log - Part 2

Okay, so here's the latest on the Avatar front:

Stage 1: White undercoat, and blazing orange for all the cracks and recesses. Remember, the Avatar is practically made of magma, so reds and oranges are what I'm using.


Stage 2: After that, I painted the majority of the Avatar's body black, as I'm going for a darker shade red. The difference in white and black undercoats becomes apparent next.
Stage 3: I went over the orange in a yellow colour but I wasn't too satisfied with the finish. The rest of the Avatar was painted in Red Gore. You can see for the crown that the red painted over the white is brighter than the rest of the body.
Stage 4: I mixed some orange and yellow and painted that over the yellow from the previous stage giving a much better finish as you can see. I also went over the red to make a cleaner finish.
Stage 5: Next, I went around each and every crack with a thin line of Burnished Gold. Though not clearly apparent in the pic there is a difference!
Stage 6: I then covered any areas of plated armour (shoulders and lower legs) in Shining Gold. The black finish on the sword was redone aswell as the white for the face. Finally, I painted the necklace in black, the reason for which will be seen in the next blog.


Don't forget to check out the Revenant above!
~The Damo

No comments: