Some things I've learned....

(1) An Engineer can do with 10 cent what a fool can do with a Euro.

(2) "Puff" - unimportant; insignificant; unworthy of study by engineering students; waste of time

(3) It's better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you're stupid than to open it and prove them right!

(4) Blockwork people and concrete people can never work on the same site... Apparently they don't like each other....

(5) It's official; I'm fantastic!

Tuesday 25 December 2007

Revenant Titan Project Log - Part 1

Santa Claus was very good to me this year, and forked out a whopping €250 to bring me the Eldar Revenant Titan from Forgeworld.

I'll be keeping posts on my progress here since this will be my largest project to date, of TITANic proportions (pun intended!). The honchos at GW said it would take me about a month, so if I get it done before 25th of January (including custom trophy base) then I'm better than them!

At first I thought they were just lazy, but then I unpacked the kit.....

Each of those pieces has to be washed, sanded and filed, then assembled in whatever pose I chose, undercoated, painted and then placed on a custom base....

God help me...

~The Damo

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh thats anoying, i hoped it would be easy, LOL

Conrad Dakarn said...

Got one of these a little while back...they're not that hard.
Only 70 parts in total. It takes you about a day to clip them down, file and then wash all the parts.
I then assembled it today...in 5 hours.
The BIGGEST part of this is to make sure you have an idea of a pose for your titan BEFORE you start gluing.
Assemble one leg in full, attach the hip joint in the angle you want the hips and then assemble the second leg.
This ensures you get good contact on the ground from both legs without getting annoyed at joints having to be manipulated, etc.
Once you've got the legs and hip done...the rest is just "decoration" and the like.
If your pulsars and crest are bent...soak them in hot water for about 10-20 seconds and carefully bend them to shape (it'll be easy but you can end up over doing it) before pouring cold water over them.
About all the advice I can give on this one...oh yeah...Warhound Titan is over 250 parts...it's got more parts in one leg than this one. I've not got one and probably won't get one having seen the anger a friend had trying to built his.