Some things I've learned....

(1) An Engineer can do with 10 cent what a fool can do with a Euro.

(2) "Puff" - unimportant; insignificant; unworthy of study by engineering students; waste of time

(3) It's better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you're stupid than to open it and prove them right!

(4) Blockwork people and concrete people can never work on the same site... Apparently they don't like each other....

(5) It's official; I'm fantastic!

Monday 29 September 2008

LittleBigPlanet Beta - Impressions

Yeah, I'm in the beta!! And let me sum it up with: "It ROCKS"!!!

Let me start from the beginning: there I was, happily browsing the Gametrailers forums when I discover a post revealing that Eurogamer.net were giving out free no-strings-attached beta codes for LittleBigPlanet. I was one of the lucky few who managed to nab a code before the servers crashed and were offline for some time. Nevertheless the second I got that code I switched on the PS3 and started the 900MB download.

This is an online beta, and as such is really there to test the online functionality of the game, not necessarily to exercise the game tools (which I must say are quite extensive for something which is practically a demo). I'll be doing a proper preview of LittleBigPlanet as the release date approaches but to put it in a nutshell - the only limits of this game are those of your imagination!

The beta lets you play through a few story mode levels which upon completion unlock different tools and stickers for use in the create mode. I can tell you here and now this is the single most addictive game I have ever played! Stephen Fry's narration also gives the game a very unique atmosphere, something that I haven't experienced before.

It's quite difficult for me to discuss the beta when I haven't done a proper preview of what to expect so, being the lazy person I am, I've whipped Gametrailers gameplay videos from the beta.

Enjoy!

Tree:


Stickers:


Pod:


Racing:


Sexy:


Scary Castle:


I've already made one whole level (which half filled the thermometer) and is currently available online. Actually making your own level provides you with far more experience than the tutorials ever could. The possibilities are quite literally - and quite cliche-dly - limitless!!!



~The Damo

1 comment:

Ann Marie said...

I think I've seen that little sack guy around. It's certainly very cute but sadly we don't have a ps3 in our house.