Some things I've learned....

(1) An Engineer can do with 10 cent what a fool can do with a Euro.

(2) "Puff" - unimportant; insignificant; unworthy of study by engineering students; waste of time

(3) It's better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you're stupid than to open it and prove them right!

(4) Blockwork people and concrete people can never work on the same site... Apparently they don't like each other....

(5) It's official; I'm fantastic!

Wednesday 18 March 2009

The Kraken Awakes...

Yeah, I'm back. After a long slumber, or more accurately too much work and not enough slumber, I finally have the time to log back on and post some stuff. First and foremost the main thing that was keeping me back is done (a week now) and that was my final report/thesis/thing that we apparently set a new record in for early hand up. After months of work at it I'm very pleased with the final result and I think we've got some really good results. The only crap thing about the whole lot was that it cost us about €60 to get the damn thing printed!!

It doesn't really end there unfortunately, as now that the report half of the module is done (and yeah "half" is somewhat of an understatement) we now have to start our "Design Project". It's not as major as report, but it is approximately another 4-6 hours a week. Basically we've been given a set of architectural drawings for a building in NUI Galway, and we have to come up with the structural system. No problem.

On the other college front I've been getting pain in the balls assignments and essays that have just been a total inconvenience - which also contributed to my lack of posting. They, for the most part, are now under wraps, though I do have an essay hand-up the second week of April and two exams next week when I go back. Analysis of Structures is also becoming somewhat of a pain, but that's for another time.

On a more brighter note the promotion exams are over in the St. John Ambulance aswell, and while they weren't too stressful they did contribute to the overall stress as they coincided with all the assignments I was doing as well as the report. I'll know by the 10th April if I was successful in getting enough marks to earn a promotion so keep your eyes glued to this spot to find out.

As an aside I've also elevated to the level of a "Hard Mode" Guitar Hero player, YAY!!

Finally, the scope of gaming articles on the blog will be expanding, as I have recently invested in a new piece of hardware as you may have seen from the post below...

~The Damo (rocks!)

No comments: